Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You are not forgotten, You are forgiven!

Isaiah 44:21-23

"Remember these, O Jacob,
And Israel, for you are My servant;
I have formed you, you are My servant;
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me!
I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions,
And like a cloud, your sins.
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
Sing, O heavens, for the LORD has done it!
Shout, you lower parts of the earth;
Break forth into singing, you mountains,
O forest, and every tree in it!
For the LORD has redeemed Jacob,
And glorified Himself in Israel.
"

God said he would not forget Israel, which he has set apart from every other nation on Earth. During this period in Israel's existence, they were rebellious to their creator.

The Lord did not say, 'return unto me and I will forgive you,' to Israel. He said, 'I have forgiven you, so rejoice and return to me!' Wouldn't you expect the Lord to say, 'return to me, and I'll forgive you?' Nuh-uh! He says 'I have blotted your sins out, so return to me!'

Christian, wherever your spiritual thermometer is at this very moment: return to Jesus! Why? Because you have been forgiven, you have been redeemed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Renew yourself (Romans 12:2) and your relationship with Jesus and come back to Him because He has already forgiven you and is waiting for you with open arms! Believe it and receive it!

“This is preposterously good news!” - Jon Courson

3 comments:

Liz said...

preposterously good news indeed! =]

K.C. said...

sounds familiar! =)

Allison said...

hey....I just read that somewhere.... lol