Saturday, January 03, 2009

Prospects of a New Year

So I haven't posted a blog since before Christmas, I didn't want to make a Christmasy one. While I am not fond of what Christmas has become I am fond of new beginnings and that's why I like the New Year.

The New Year is always another chance to get things right and do things they are supposed to be done. Now I don't expect for 2009 to be the year I live sinless, I don't expect that anytime soon! But for me its going to be a new beginning of a focal point in my life where I will try to live a holy life.

I'm just glad I don't have to do it on my own. We are promised in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." I love this fact that we are regenerated and made perfect in Christ's image from the Father's perspective.

Now its time to practically become like Christ in this 2009.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
" Psalm 51:10

1 comment:

RJ McCauley said...

Amen to that. I really want to seek the Lord this year after going through the endless type of year 2008 was lol. Praise the Lord for our regeneration through Christ.